Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Elliptical models

Hi, I am currently in the market for an elliptical, but I don't know what brand and model is right for me. My goal is basically to lose weight, and maybe tone myself up in the process (although I plan to lift weights on the side).  If it helps, I am 29 years old, 5'9, and weigh 220 lbs.

I've narrowed my search down to the four ellipticals on the bottom row of this page:

My budget would be between $500-$800, and for that money I expect something durable and of good quality. Are you familiar with any of these models? What would be your recommendation?

Thank you for your time.

Hi George,

I am not familiar with the Kettler model. The other ones are pretty similar to each other. They are ok, but at your weight, they could be a little unstable is you use them at maximum intensity. By that I mean that if you use them very vigorously, you could feel like they might fall over, even though they won't. If you feel unstable, you will probably not use them much.

A heavier and more expensive model would be better, but these will do.

Buy one and use it!

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Robert Braun

I can answer all questions regarding the evaluation and selection of home exercise equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, home gyms, and stationary bikes.

I have been using, selling, and writing about exercise equipment for over thirty years. I am Vice President of Treadmill-World, the leading independent online source for treadmills and elliptical machines

I am Vice President of Sales at, a leading online dealer of a variety of manufacturers. Because we don't sell just one brand, we can be objective in our recommendations.

Online articles too numerous to mention, including See for some samples.

School of Hard Knocks