Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/lower back

I sit, very tensed up, as a bus driver 8 hours or more a day. I stretch, do back exercises, etc, and have an elliptical, but my back gets stiffer the older I get. Is there a machine that would get my lower back more flexabale. What about a rower? Thanks!

I'm not a doctor, so can't say for sure, but what I'm reading is that good old fashioned strength can reduce the "stiff" feeling in the back. I think it is not so much a matter of increasing flexibility as of increasing strength. A rower could help you build this strength slowly and safely. So could weights or a home weight machine.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Robert Braun

I can answer all questions regarding the evaluation and selection of home exercise equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, home gyms, and stationary bikes.

I have been using, selling, and writing about exercise equipment for over thirty years. I am Vice President of Treadmill-World, the leading independent online source for treadmills and elliptical machines

I am Vice President of Sales at, a leading online dealer of a variety of manufacturers. Because we don't sell just one brand, we can be objective in our recommendations.

Online articles too numerous to mention, including See for some samples.

School of Hard Knocks