Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Life Cycle 6500

I have a VERY old Lifecycle 6500. It hasn't been used in a very long time. I've replaced the 9 volt battery as suggested in responses to other issues but it still doesn't work. Now I believe I need to find and replace a 6 volt battery - but, from what I've read it is supposed to be in the 'back of the bike'. In order to get into the back of the bike, I would have to remove the entire side - and, the back panel of the bike is only 2 1/2 inches wide (which doesn't seem big enough for a battery?).  I'm wondering if the instruction I read was for a different model (6500HR possibly) and the battery for my 6500 is somewhere else??  Hope you can help - thanks in advance.

Some older versions of the bike ran on only a 9V battery, while others had the 6V rechargeable battery in them. Unfortunately there isn't good information available on when that change took place. The 6V battery is only about one and a half to two inches wide so it can fit in a lot of locations and may be under your covers. The only good way to know if you have a 6V battery in your machine is to remove the covers and look. You'll be looking for a battery that looks like the one pictured here:

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.