Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/new battery doesn't work on lifecycle 6500

I recently changed the 9 volt battery on my lifecycle 6500 but it still won't start. It appears that the battery terminals are somewhat corroded. How can I either clean or replace the battery connection. I have tried using vinegar but it still doesn't work. I also tried a fast pedal start but that didn't work either.  Please help.

Thank you

Some 6500 lifecycles had a rechargeable battery in the lower portion of the machine in addition to the 9V battery in the display. If your machine has this lower battery, it might need replacement as well. It will look like one of the two pictured below.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.