Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Strarting my Life Cycle

QUESTION: I just purchased a new battery for my life cycle. However, it will not start when I press the start button while pedaling.

One of my kids may have pressed the start button without pedaling. Could that have caused my current issue?

If so how do I resolve my issue?

ANSWER: In order to properly answer this question I will need more detail.
What model of life cycle is this bike?
How long has it been sitting since it last worked?
How fast are you pedaling when pushing the start button?

QUESTION: Thank you for your prompt resonse.

I have a Lifecycle 5000. Purchashed in 1986.

About two years since last used.

As fast as I used to to get it started.

It sounds like a dead battery to me. There may be two batteries in the machine. A 9 volt battery in the display and one of the following two rechargeable batteries in the lower portions of the machine under the covers:

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.