Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/incline treadmill

Hi.  I've seen ads on tv for the Nordic Track Incline Trainer, but I have a question.  They mention that it's possible to lose weight just by walking on a machine like this, but is that really possible?  I mean, is it possible to lose weight in the ab area by walking?  Thanks

Yes, it is possible, but the trick is in how much you train. It takes a lot. It's actually less effective than just eating less, but it has so many other health benefits, you should exercise for many reasons. You will likely reduce the fat over your abs no more quickly than other areas. See this article on the many benefits of cardiovascular exercise:

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Robert Braun

I can answer all questions regarding the evaluation and selection of home exercise equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, home gyms, and stationary bikes.

I have been using, selling, and writing about exercise equipment for over thirty years. I am Vice President of Treadmill-World, the leading independent online source for treadmills and elliptical machines

I am Vice President of Sales at, a leading online dealer of a variety of manufacturers. Because we don't sell just one brand, we can be objective in our recommendations.

Online articles too numerous to mention, including See for some samples.

School of Hard Knocks