Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Lifecycle 6500HR

Question
My lifecycle starts up normally then stops after a minute or two. It will restart but the same problem will happen again. I changed the the 9 volt battery but the problem continues. The lifecycle was working perfectly up until this problem. The bike was purchased in 1995 and I have never had any previous problems. The seriel number on the bike is 829328

Answer
Your bike likely has a second battery in the lower part of the machine. Here is a list of machines that match 6500HR
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/EquipmentSearch/6500HR
Not all machines had a second battery. If it does not, you may have a problem with the machine "not knowing" that it is being used and auto-shutting down after a few seconds because it thinks that no one is ridding it. This could be a loose or missing RPM magnet, misaligned or bad RPM sensor, or bad lower control board.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy