Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Schwinn 427P elliptical repair

I have a schwinn 427P elliptical.  when I plug it in, it makes a funny sound (and not a good one).  It sounds like it is constantly trying to adjust resistance, but nothing is happening.  When I get on the machine, it also feels like the resistance is set to it's highest level.

Also, I cannot adjust any of the settings on the control panel except the level setting (but the resistance won't change).  Can you help?

The link above will take you to an exploded diagram for your machine. It sounds like you have a problem with one of the brake related parts. This could be the tension motor, the tension cable, or the brake itself. You'll probably need to take the covers off and take a look to see what isn't operational.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.