Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Schwinn 427P elliptical repair

Question
I have a schwinn 427P elliptical.  when I plug it in, it makes a funny sound (and not a good one).  It sounds like it is constantly trying to adjust resistance, but nothing is happening.  When I get on the machine, it also feels like the resistance is set to it's highest level.

Also, I cannot adjust any of the settings on the control panel except the level setting (but the resistance won't change).  Can you help?

Answer
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/diagram/108
The link above will take you to an exploded diagram for your machine. It sounds like you have a problem with one of the brake related parts. This could be the tension motor, the tension cable, or the brake itself. You'll probably need to take the covers off and take a look to see what isn't operational.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy