Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Stride on an Elliptical

Hello. I would like to invest in an elliptical from someplace like Play it Again Sports and I want to make sure I purchase one that gives me a long enough stride. I'm only 5'9" but I have my Dads legs of 34 inches. Most places don't seem to post the strides especially on the older models. I will have to drive 2 hrs to get to the nearest Play it again place so I am trying to leave my information and wait on one that is right for me. Do you have any suggestions? Here is what they have right now.
Nordic Track CX 1050 18"
910 Eliptical Rebok 20-22 but saw nothing but bad reviews Refurbished 500.
Refurbished Proforms
    515 Free Motion
    Smart Strider
    510 ES

I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Thank you in advance!

First, read the article at

You can see that stride length depends on more than your leg length and it would be very difficult to calculate what length you really need, especially for older machines. I suggest going to the store, trying them all, and buying the one that works best for you.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Robert Braun

I can answer all questions regarding the evaluation and selection of home exercise equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, home gyms, and stationary bikes.

I have been using, selling, and writing about exercise equipment for over thirty years. I am Vice President of Treadmill-World, the leading independent online source for treadmills and elliptical machines

I am Vice President of Sales at, a leading online dealer of a variety of manufacturers. Because we don't sell just one brand, we can be objective in our recommendations.

Online articles too numerous to mention, including See for some samples.

School of Hard Knocks