Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Lifecycle 5500

Question
Hi Jeremy,  I'm the original owner of Lifecycle 5500 upright model.  Recently when trying to ride it, I pedal at 80 RPM then hit the start button.  The tension increases to the point I can no longer pedal or make program selections.  Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for your time.

Clare

Answer
This could be a button stuck on the display console, specifically the button that increases resistance. This could also be a bad lower control board.
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/EquipmentSearch/%402%20%402%20lc-5500
This link will take you to a list of equipment that matches the model you provided. You'll need your serial number to know which version of the machine you have.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy