Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Lifecycle 5500

Hi Jeremy,  I'm the original owner of Lifecycle 5500 upright model.  Recently when trying to ride it, I pedal at 80 RPM then hit the start button.  The tension increases to the point I can no longer pedal or make program selections.  Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for your time.

This could be a button stuck on the display console, specifically the button that increases resistance. This could also be a bad lower control board.
This link will take you to a list of equipment that matches the model you provided. You'll need your serial number to know which version of the machine you have.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.