Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Healthrider S150 treadmill

Question
Hi Jeremy
I just picked this up for $40 at a yard sale. It looks like a pretty good  'gym quality' machine, and the lady said the only reason she was selling it so cheap was because the belt was quite frayed at the edges. I went for a run today and it works OK, but I have a couple questions:
1. When you start it, the incline moves up then down maybe an inch. The incline function  seems to be working, but when I run and set it higher, it doesnt seem to be moving up. Is it just that it is moving up so slow I dont notice? If it is not working correctly, is there a way to fix it myself?
2. Is it OK to run on it with the belt frayed at the edges, or is it too dangerous? Can I fix this myself or maybe take it to an an upholstery shop, or will it need to be replaced? The cost of a new one online is over $100. Could I pick up a cheaper one possibly made for another machine that would fit mine? Thanks Jeremy!

Answer
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/EquipmentSearch/%4048%20Healthrider%20S150
The link above will take you to a few machines that match the name you provided. To know your exact machine you will need your full model number.
The frayed treadbelt might not be a problem, then again it could be. It is difficult to say without seeing the damage and seeing the treadmill in operation.
You incline may only need a simple calibration. The procedures for calibrating the incline were different with many machines, but typically it only required pushing a series of buttons on the display and the machine would self-calibrate. The best source of information on how to calibrate the machine will be Healthrider, I suggest contacting them and asking them to guide you through the incline calibration procedure.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy