Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Healthrider S150 treadmill

Hi Jeremy
I just picked this up for $40 at a yard sale. It looks like a pretty good  'gym quality' machine, and the lady said the only reason she was selling it so cheap was because the belt was quite frayed at the edges. I went for a run today and it works OK, but I have a couple questions:
1. When you start it, the incline moves up then down maybe an inch. The incline function  seems to be working, but when I run and set it higher, it doesnt seem to be moving up. Is it just that it is moving up so slow I dont notice? If it is not working correctly, is there a way to fix it myself?
2. Is it OK to run on it with the belt frayed at the edges, or is it too dangerous? Can I fix this myself or maybe take it to an an upholstery shop, or will it need to be replaced? The cost of a new one online is over $100. Could I pick up a cheaper one possibly made for another machine that would fit mine? Thanks Jeremy!

The link above will take you to a few machines that match the name you provided. To know your exact machine you will need your full model number.
The frayed treadbelt might not be a problem, then again it could be. It is difficult to say without seeing the damage and seeing the treadmill in operation.
You incline may only need a simple calibration. The procedures for calibrating the incline were different with many machines, but typically it only required pushing a series of buttons on the display and the machine would self-calibrate. The best source of information on how to calibrate the machine will be Healthrider, I suggest contacting them and asking them to guide you through the incline calibration procedure.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.