Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Lifecycle LC-9000 service

I recently acquired a lifecycle model 9000 excrcise bike.  I have been able to find the operators manual and parts manual, but no service manual.  Is this unit similar to another model that I can get a service manual for (9100, 8500 for example) in order to troubleshoot?  The console doesn't light up.  I'm guessing it needs a new battery, but I wanted to take it through a logical set of steps first.  I can't even tell if the console has a separate battery as some other models do.

I do not have a service manual available for that unit. Generally in these units there is a 6 or 8 volt lead-acid battery under the covers. It looks like:
You should remove the covers locate this battery and test voltage. They are very sensitive to voltage, so 5.9 VDC is considered bad and will not power the unit on the 6VDC battery. They should typically read around 6.2 or 8.2 VDC when good.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.