Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/HealthRider S150

Question
Hi Jeremy
This is an older treadmill I bought used that has worked fine until recently. Recently I noticed at first what I thought was the walking belt slipping, but I can stand on the walking belt and it and the rollers do not  move. Turns out the drive belt is slipping. On inspection, it appears to be in good condition and tight. In fact it is at its tighest setting for moving the motor back, and although I can tighten it a bit more, it still slips. Do I need to get a replacement, and is changing out these belts on older treadmills fairly common? Can you explain the procedure for doing that? Thanks so much Jeremy.

Answer
https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/EquipmentSearch/%4048%20HealthRider%20S150
The link above is to a few pieces of equipment match the name you provided.

There is a good chance that what is actually slipping is the pulley on the front roller. With the hood off, look carefully at what is spinning while it slips. If the belt is moving and the plastic pulley on the front roller is spinning, but not the barrel of the roller, then that front roller needs to be replaced.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy