Flags/Multiple Flag Placement on a single pole

Sharron Akers wrote at 2013-04-06 17:06:59
Perhaps, this is a state issue, but my understanding of the protocol is in tapered from large to small, officially USA, POW/MIA and then state flag, this is the law in Idaho.  

Albert Kirsch

I am more-or-less expert in vexillology (the study of flags). My expertise is particularly strong in North America at the level of city and county, but if I don`t know the answer I know a dozen people who do. So if there`s a flag in the newspaper or on TV that you have trouble identifying, let me know. I`ll do my best. But PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO APPRAISE A FLAG'S VALUE: (1) I have no expertise in that area and (2) even if I did, I cannot appraise something I can't see. Take it to a museum which has a specialist in textiles and the like.

In this field, I designed the flag of Carroll County, Illinois, in 1974 (see You can see my personal flag at