Flags/italian royal army flag silk36"/48"

hi i am looking into this italian royal army flag my great uncle brought back from itally. it is silk 36"/48" it has several distingashable boot prints. i just want to know if i should be giving it to a museum or not and which one otherwise back in the attic it goes

Not the attic; nobody will ever see it. As for museums, hard to say as I don't know where you live and likely couldn't identify one even if I did. There is a flag museum in Mobile AL, I think, and quick googling found one in Italy:

So you never know.

But not the attic...

Albert Kirsch

I am more-or-less expert in vexillology (the study of flags). My expertise is particularly strong in North America at the level of city and county, but if I don`t know the answer I know a dozen people who do. So if there`s a flag in the newspaper or on TV that you have trouble identifying, let me know. I`ll do my best. But PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO APPRAISE A FLAG'S VALUE: (1) I have no expertise in that area and (2) even if I did, I cannot appraise something I can't see. Take it to a museum which has a specialist in textiles and the like.

In this field, I designed the flag of Carroll County, Illinois, in 1974 (see You can see my personal flag at