Flags/UNION JACK FLAG- 48 STARS

Question
UNION JACK
UNION JACK  

UNION JACK
UNION JACK  
Hello! I have an old flag from my grandfather who served in WWl. It is in quite good shape and I know that it could be from a wide date range, is there any way you can tell from a photo?
Would love to know it's value and get it somewhere that it can be viewed and appreciated. Thanks,     

Julie Honnert

Answer
Hi.

Your flag appears to me made of wool bunting and appears to be WWII or prior.  Since the 48-star period began in 1912 and construction didn't change much over that period, you are correct in your statement that the date range is wide.

As for value, at auction this is worth between $50 and $200.

Warmest Regards,

Jeff

Flags

Jeff Bridgman