Flags/World War One burial flag

I have my uncle's burial flag.  He was a veteran of world war one.

The flag measures one meter by two meters and I'm told it was a gift from the French government to the United States on the tenth anniversary of the end of the war.  It appears to be hand stitched and may have been produced by the Daughters of the French Revolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have not heard of such a flag. However, I believe it's entirely possible that it was a gift from the French government.

I am not aware of an organization called the Daughters of the French Revolution. However, the Daughters of the American Revolution has several chapters in France, including the Rochambeau Chapter in Paris. Perhaps you may want to contact them. Their website is:  

Marc Leepson

I can answer questions about nearly every aspect of the American flag, especially its history. I cannot answer questions about other flags, such as state flags and the flags of other nations.

I am the author of the book Flag: An American Biography, the history of the Stars and Stripes from the beginnings to today. (Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press, 2005).

Authors Guild

Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Chicago Tribune. Magazines: Smithsonian, Preservation, Civil War Times, The VVA Veteran, Vietnam, World War II, Military History

BA, History, George Washington University, 1967 MA, European History, George Washington, University, 1971

Vietnam Veterans of America