Flags/Flag value

I have a antique 12ft by 8ft flag with 48stars its nylon and in good condition. Whats it worth?

$50 give or take.

48 star flags were used between 1912 and 1959, a period not so long ago.  They were therefore produced throughout three wars (WWI, WWI, Korea) and during a time when we were highly industrialized.

Unless there is something highly unusual about them, 48 star flags are generally bring very little at auction, between $5 and $100.

Being made of Nylon would put it WWII or after at the earliest, probably the 1950's.  It's size and Nylon construction are barriers to selling it.  It's too big for practical display, too late, and made of a synthetic fabric, which is not desirable among collectors.

Warm Regards,

Jeff Bridgman

I am an expert in antique American flags, particularly in Stars & Stripes flag, both printed and sewn varieties. I also have expertise in antique Confederate flags. I am not an expert in flag etiquette and flag laws, so please don't ask me questions concerning where and how to fly modern American flags. My particular focus is on the 19th century, when there basically were no laws or rules of formal etiquette.

I am the world's largest buyer and seller of antique flags. I also have 25 years of experience selling other early American textiles.

Antiques Dealers Association of America (ADA); Antiques Counci; Antiques & Arts Dealer's League of America (AADLA); Cinoa; North American Vexillogical Association (NAVA)

The Magazine Antiques, FOCUS (Journal of the Antiques Council), Antiques and the Arts Weekly, Northeast, New England Antiques Journal, Chubb Collectors [Chubb Insurance Group], Country Home Magazine, Country Living Magazine, etc.

Graduate Degree, 1994