Flags/45 star flag

Question
I have a 45 star flag found in a trunk that was in a house that was moved from ft sheridan Illinois.the bottom two rows of stars background is grey not blue. I believe the flag was flown at 5the fort..what up with the background and what could it be worth...?

Answer
The 45-star flag was official from January 4, 1896, when Utah became the 45th state, to November 15, 1907, when Oklahoma became number 46.

So it's all but certain it dates from that time period. I have no idea why the background is gray. Perhaps the colors have faded? It sounds as though it was a hand made flag as well.

The condition would determine the value. You should bring it to an antique dealer who specializes in Americana.

Flags

Marc Leepson