Flags/US flag with 48 stars with one of them gold

I have a US flag with 48 stars / one of them is gold.  The flag has never been flown and looks brand new.  Is the flag a collectable flag?  I do not have an image, but I could take a picture.

A one gold star flag is a new one for me! All I can tell you is that the 48-star flag was the official U.S. flag from 1912 to 1959 when Alaska became the 49th state.

My guess would be that it would have some value. I have no idea how much, though.

There are folks who specialize in buying and selling old flags. Take a look at this website and you might get some ideas.

Marc Leepson

I can answer questions about nearly every aspect of the American flag, especially its history. I cannot answer questions about other flags, such as state flags and the flags of other nations.

I am the author of the book Flag: An American Biography, the history of the Stars and Stripes from the beginnings to today. (Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press, 2005).

Authors Guild

Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Baltimore Sun, Chicago Tribune. Magazines: Smithsonian, Preservation, Civil War Times, The VVA Veteran, Vietnam, World War II, Military History

BA, History, George Washington University, 1967 MA, European History, George Washington, University, 1971

Vietnam Veterans of America