Flags/US flag with 48 stars with one of them gold

Question
I have a US flag with 48 stars / one of them is gold.  The flag has never been flown and looks brand new.  Is the flag a collectable flag?  I do not have an image, but I could take a picture.

Answer
A one gold star flag is a new one for me! All I can tell you is that the 48-star flag was the official U.S. flag from 1912 to 1959 when Alaska became the 49th state.

My guess would be that it would have some value. I have no idea how much, though.

There are folks who specialize in buying and selling old flags. Take a look at this website and you might get some ideas.  

http://www.rareflags.com/RareFlags_Resources.htm

Flags

Marc Leepson