Flags/flag/pendent Identification

Mr. Kirsch,
I was wondering if you could help me identify this flag/pendent.
I “believe” that it may be nautical.
It was found with WW2 Japanese and German items.
It has no markings on it.

Thank you for your expertise

My apologies for the delay. I am not familiar with the flag other than to guess it's a yacht club burgee. I posted the picture to the Flags of the World mailing list (where we "experts" all hang out) but got no answer. Seems to be pretty obscure. Sorry I can't do better by you. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Albert Kirsch

I am more-or-less expert in vexillology (the study of flags). My expertise is particularly strong in North America at the level of city and county, but if I don`t know the answer I know a dozen people who do. So if there`s a flag in the newspaper or on TV that you have trouble identifying, let me know. I`ll do my best. But PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO APPRAISE A FLAG'S VALUE: (1) I have no expertise in that area and (2) even if I did, I cannot appraise something I can't see. Take it to a museum which has a specialist in textiles and the like.

In this field, I designed the flag of Carroll County, Illinois, in 1974 (see You can see my personal flag at