Flags/49-star american flag

Question
0ur VFW Post was given a 49-star flag that this family purchased when they were first made. We are going to put in a case and put it on display at our post,and we would like to know the worth of it for insurance reason's. Thank you

Answer
Most people will go their entire lives without seeing a 49 star flag, but they are very common among flag enthusiasts.  49 star flags were official for 1 year and many thousands were made.  Thousands of unused 49 star flags were found in a warehouse and released into the marketplace, which also didn't help in regards to their being more scarce.

The flag is worth probably $50-$100 at auction and so it in not necessary to insure it.  Larger ones are a bit more unusual.

Warm Regards,

Jeff

Flags

Jeff Bridgman