Flags/outdated or superceded flags

What should be done with any outdated or superseded flags? Those that have been used before the current 50 star flag.

They should be saved and cherished as relics of America's past.  If you don't know what to do with one--that is you don't wish to keep it yourself and don't know any patriotic person that you might give it to among friends and family--sell it at auction, make yourself a buck or two, and let someone else enjoy and care for it.

Jeff Bridgman

I am an expert in antique American flags, particularly in Stars & Stripes flag, both printed and sewn varieties. I also have expertise in antique Confederate flags. I am not an expert in flag etiquette and flag laws, so please don't ask me questions concerning where and how to fly modern American flags. My particular focus is on the 19th century, when there basically were no laws or rules of formal etiquette.

I am the world's largest buyer and seller of antique flags. I also have 25 years of experience selling other early American textiles.

Antiques Dealers Association of America (ADA); Antiques Counci; Antiques & Arts Dealer's League of America (AADLA); Cinoa; North American Vexillogical Association (NAVA)

The Magazine Antiques, FOCUS (Journal of the Antiques Council), Antiques and the Arts Weekly, Northeast, New England Antiques Journal, Chubb Collectors [Chubb Insurance Group], Country Home Magazine, Country Living Magazine, etc.

Graduate Degree, 1994