Flags/36 star flag

Question
A short while ago, I asked and you answered whether the 36 star flag was used by the military during the Civil War. Again thank you for your answer.

Now I have a question about a specific 36 star flag. The stars on this flag are arranged 6x6 which is unlike the star arrangement that I've seen on other 36 star military flags. This flag is 4 and 1/2 feet by 8 feet. On the 4 and 1/2 ft strip of fabric from which the flag is hung are printed the words: Onondaga No. 6.

What is this flag?

Thanks.

Answer
My apologies.  My significant other is now away for a month and I have all 3 kids.  To say that I am swamped is an understatement.

What other 36 star military flags have you seen?   Among those made for ground forces, I have seen one, unused, which I bought and sold.  I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

6x6 was the most common configuration across all 36 star flags.

4.5 x 8 feet is not an unusual size, but it is not a land use flag for ground forces.  No. 6 would be a size designation.

Can you send some images to me at info@jeffbridgman.com?

Jeff

Flags

Jeff Bridgman