Flags/48 star american union jack flag replica

I am looking to get a replica of the 48 star American union jack flag as part of a series of pics remembering my father who was on the USS Proteus on Sept.2, 1945. I have a great photo of the ship at Tokyo Bay, and letters from the Secretary of the Navy and the President, and would like to frame a smaller 48 star union jack similar to the one flying over the ship.

Any suggestions?

As a specialist in 18th and 19th century antique flags, I am afraid that I don't know a great deal about replicas.  It's just not where my interest lies.  

I did a cursive search and found nothing in a reproduction with 48 stars.  If you want a high end custom, high end flag-maker to reproduce one, you might email Jeff Pollock at:

If you want a real one of the WWII period, I do have them.  I have a great, dated one on the website now, framed and ready to go:

You may email me at

Warm Regards,

Jeff Bridgman

I am an expert in antique American flags, particularly in Stars & Stripes flag, both printed and sewn varieties. I also have expertise in antique Confederate flags. I am not an expert in flag etiquette and flag laws, so please don't ask me questions concerning where and how to fly modern American flags. My particular focus is on the 19th century, when there basically were no laws or rules of formal etiquette.

I am the world's largest buyer and seller of antique flags. I also have 25 years of experience selling other early American textiles.

Antiques Dealers Association of America (ADA); Antiques Counci; Antiques & Arts Dealer's League of America (AADLA); Cinoa; North American Vexillogical Association (NAVA)

The Magazine Antiques, FOCUS (Journal of the Antiques Council), Antiques and the Arts Weekly, Northeast, New England Antiques Journal, Chubb Collectors [Chubb Insurance Group], Country Home Magazine, Country Living Magazine, etc.

Graduate Degree, 1994