Flags/48 star american union jack flag replica

Question
Jeff,
I am looking to get a replica of the 48 star American union jack flag as part of a series of pics remembering my father who was on the USS Proteus on Sept.2, 1945. I have a great photo of the ship at Tokyo Bay, and letters from the Secretary of the Navy and the President, and would like to frame a smaller 48 star union jack similar to the one flying over the ship.

Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi.

As a specialist in 18th and 19th century antique flags, I am afraid that I don't know a great deal about replicas.  It's just not where my interest lies.  

I did a cursive search and found nothing in a reproduction with 48 stars.  If you want a high end custom, high end flag-maker to reproduce one, you might email Jeff Pollock at:

historicflags@yahoo.com

If you want a real one of the WWII period, I do have them.  I have a great, dated one on the website now, framed and ready to go:

http://www.jeffbridgman.com/inventory/index.php?page=out&id=2382

You may email me at info@jeffbridgman.com

Warm Regards,

Jeff

Flags

Jeff Bridgman