Flooring and Carpeting/scuff marks/scratches on porcelain tile

Stephney wrote at 2009-09-16 01:33:27
I found this on the web and it works Get some automotive rubbing compound. Rub it onto the are or if you have a large are like I had use a buffing machine. Your floor looks like new. Best of luck.

Oliver wrote at 2009-12-13 18:22:55
Thanks a Million.

I used grade 0 sandpaper with water and the marks which were made by moving my cooker disapeared and the sandpaper did not mark the tiles.

dossy wrote at 2010-04-12 21:35:36
I had metal scuff marks caused by my shoes that transferred onto the porcelain tile.  I used the above mentioned sanding sponge and the marks literally disappeared with minimal effort.

Thank-you Perry V.

Howard S. wrote at 2010-05-13 02:02:20
Perry V...

You're the man!  Thanks for the advice on how to remove scratches from a porcelain tile floor!  I had two deep scratches on my newly installed porcelain floor which resulted from moving in my washer and dryer.  NOTHING WORKED to remove the scratches.  Turns out the porcelian tile has an extremely hard surface and these markes were really metal that was imbedded deeply in the surface.  The tile dealer was no help, but your answer -- "Goof-Off", a fine sanding sponge and "elbow grease" WORKED!!! I told the dealer about the solution.  So, anyone with a deep scratch in porcelain TRY THIS -- IT WORKED!

Thanks again!

Howard S.  

Happy Girl in Florida wrote at 2010-10-10 15:28:42
I just installed glazed porcelain tile. The installer left black metal marks  throughout from dragging his equipment. I did research and everything I read said those marks cannot be removed...I tried everything imaginable...nothing worked...then after much thought I knew I could not live with these last hope was my own idea...try my glass cook top stove cleaner...Yea! it worked...scrubbed a little harder than on my stove...but I was amazed and so happy...The first one I used did not work...the one that did is called "Cook Top" cleaning Creme and I belive I bought it at Sears or Home Depot...

Littlebear1965 wrote at 2012-02-06 13:56:16
Strange answer but it works, brasso polish works a treat.

Parrotbay wrote at 2013-08-03 15:42:59
My porcelain tile was layed recently. A few days ago, the movers scuffed my floor with the moving equipment. Searching the web, found several remedies. I started with warm water and vinegar. Then, I tried Arm and Hammer Toothpaste with peroxide and used a clean white rag. With some elbow grease, my deep dark metal marks cleared up. I rinsed thoroughly with water and it looks shiny and new.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...