Flooring and Carpeting/BCF nylon or PET polyester

tim wrote at 2011-11-12 00:37:39
i will state that olefin nylon cleans up very good,but it does not wear very good,this is a fact .

Scott t. wrote at 2013-01-27 19:10:18
first of all you are wrong about the pad. 8# pad is too firm and will actually cause your carpet to wear out faster. 6 pound pad is ideal because it gives and does not force the carpet to take all the wear. 8# pad is just a gimmick to charge more money.

also nylon is not extremely stain resistant. it must be chemically treated to be stain resistant at all. The dye sites, or pores in nylon must be filled in with something to keep stains from penetrating the fiber.

polyester on the other hand is inherently stain resistant, and  PET is not your father's polyester. it has come a long way from early generation polyesters and is almost as durable as nylon while being far superior to nylon in stain resistance.  

Scott t. wrote at 2013-01-27 19:10:54

Flooring and Carpeting

Alan J. Fletcher