Flooring and Carpeting/Penetrating Sealant for Grout

Dar wrote at 2016-08-08 18:54:54
Well, I had a new porcelain tile install 30 days ago. The grout came out much too light, about three shades lighter. Supposedly the contactor added the sealant to the grout and said not to worry, it would be easy to clean. The grout looked good for about 30 days, but now turns darker and blotchy in certain spots after washing with a mild dish soap. The manufacturer of the grout said the contractor may have not mixed enough of the sealant in with the proper proportion of water. I contacted the manufacturer of the grout and now I'm face with using a sealant stripper and staining the grout, the manufacturer was nice enough to sent 4 bottles of the stain free of cost. Unfortunately I do not know and cannot prove how much sealant was used during the mixing process. By the way, the sealant additive in available on line through Home Depot if not in stock.  

Flooring and Carpeting

Michael C. Malizia

I can answer questions about, Grout and ceramic tile restoration and installation. This topic generally focuses on new or old installations that have an existing problem. I can offer advice on how to correct common made installation mistakes. Such as, cementitious grout problems, efflorescence, ghosting, shading, and flashing. And tile installation problems such as, floor deflection, slip resistance, loose tiles, vapor transmission and many others. These are just a few of the problems associated with new tile and grout installations. I can also offer advice with restoring old tile and grout problems such as, sealer removal, re-sealing, grout re-coloring, grout repair, and caulking.

Have worked in many different phaces of construction since 1983, I am owner / operator of a Tile & Grout installation and restoration business. I am also a technical advisor for The Grout Dye Company. since 1995.

General studies

Connecticut Stamford Hilton,Southampton hospital, Mcdonalds, Wading river hotel, Eastwind caterers, La pizzola, Setauket bagels, Sortsman kennels, Savinos resteraunt, Custom Building Products, Super-tec, Cancos, Southampton brick and tile, Tech, Dap, Poland spring water etc.