Flooring and Carpeting/Termites in engineered bamboo flooring

Yvonne in Kaneohe wrote at 2016-05-31 21:36:11
I have a second home on Oahu and installed bamboo flooring over concrete slab. I didnt think i had an issue with termites on the flooring (tho there are termite issues elsewhere in the residence). Then I happened to see an inexpensive spray bottle of orange oil at the local drug store and remembered hearing ads on the radio re orange oil as an effective alternative termite treatment.  So I bought it and applied it on the bamboo flooring, admiring how nice and shiny the floors looked.  When i came back downstairs a few hours later, i was shocked to see so many termites dying on the floor.  Have been a faithful user of orange oil ever since, and i apply it to wood furniture too!

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha

Flooring questions: Specification, Warranties, Inspections, Product Knowledge, Enviromental Issues

I have been in the field 25 years, first as a specifier, then retailer and currently manufacturer representative on contract with 8 manufacturers, independent inspector and conduct moisture testing. Founding board member of the CO Chapter, US Green Building Council

WFCA (World Floor Covering Association), NTCA (National Tile Council America) SCRT (Society of Cleaning & Restoration Technician), ASTM F60, (Environment) and F06 (Resilient Floor)

Colorado Real Estate Journal, Smart Buildings

MBA, CTC (Certified Tile Consultant), RRT (Carpet Repair & Reinstallation), CCT (Carpet Cleaning Technician, ISSI (Substrate Inspection) and completed coursework for Independent Ceramic Tile Inspector, Hardwood/Laminate Inspector and Senior Carpet Inspector. Scheduled to complete Independent Resilient Inspector in April.

Multiple Awards for Salesperson of Year and President's Club

Clients include Fortune Co's to mom and pop