Flooring and Carpeting/crackling noise when walk over carpet in all 3 bedrooms

Kevin wrote at 2013-03-12 21:21:54
I had the same problem ... mine was the carpet tape (duct tape) pulling up on the staple that was holding down the under pad. The staple creates an indent in the under pad. Then the installer uses tape over the staples to connect the seams. So when I stepped on the staple the tape would release from the indent and that was the crunching sound or sticking velco sound. I had the installer remove the tape from the under pad and no more sound.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies