Flooring and Carpeting/backing on an area rug

Question
We recently purchased an area rug [approx. 6x8] while traveling in Greece.  The rug has no backing on it at all so it slides around and bunches up.  We want to use it in a room with hard wood floors.  What would you recommend as a backing to help keep it in place? We have found a store that will cut a backing that would lay on the floor and the carpet would be placed over it.  The carpet side of the pad has a texture similar to velcro.  We have also found a backing that is attached directly to the rug.

Answer
Phyllis, so sorry for late reply, if still not resolved you can either use a heavy rug pad without any adhesives from your local rug store or our site www.arizonarug.com,  or ship the rug to us for attaching a permanent heavy backing which guaranteed to keep your rug down flat and solid.

Thanks, Ed
Arizona Rug Company
480.797.0000

Flooring and Carpeting

Ed