Flooring and Carpeting/Query - reg vitrified tiles

I reside in India and I need an advice on the vitrified tiles for the new house that we are constructing. My concerns are ease of maintenance and anti-slip aspects since old people and kids are staying.These are my queries:

Which finish of vitrified tile is better - gloss or matte.    Which shade - lighter(white-based) or colored tile is better to give the room a better look?
Also which shade of tile can complement the duplex stairs that are in the living room?
Can different rooms have different tile designs (will that look odd? )

I am not a designer , if you want my personal opinion I like matte. As for color I like contrast. However I have been known to go monotone on occasion. And I believe that changing direction and color for different rooms adds a dramatic statement...if the room warrants that.

Tiles with texture and a matte finish will offer more foothold. If you are talking about marble or stone they are smooth ...but not slippery, unless water comes into the equation.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies