Flooring and Carpeting/Vinyl floors

what should be used under chairs on a vinyl floor. seems most experts rule out roller wheels. I have a top grade vinyl 5 yrs old and used hard plastic gliders under the chair legs. Problem is where my wife and I sit the top coating of the vinyl has worn off and we are not heavy folks. Flooring looks terrible.

Thank you for your question Joe,

If you go to your local Home Improvement Center (either one of the big ones) and ask for Furniture glides you will find multiple sizes and configurations that can be applied to the foot where the foot of the chair rests on the surface of the floor. It is a self-adhering pad and works great allowing the chair to easily slide or scoot along...even if your sitting in the chair at the time. Sadly there is little help for the damaged vinyl once the clear coat has been breached. Of course you can apply a topical coating that will only partially help with the shine but over time you may consider replacing the damaged goods in lieu of either a tile floor or new vinyl. Ok Joe I hope this helps you with your project, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...