Flooring and Carpeting/entryway carpet

I live in an old barn renovated into a house surrounded by nature.  To enter my home, you open the door and enter a large tile room.  I want to make a entry way where you can sit on pull off your shoes immediately I don't have a garage.  I want to use a 5x3 rug to define the entryway area.  What is the best carpet to use?  It will be a high traffic area and, at times, lots of dirt is tracked in from the horse barn.

I would not use carpet.

Have you thought about the astro turf / plastic carpet that they sell at the Home Depot or Lowes?
It can be placed down loose and later removed and rinsed / washed off.

Many commercial buildings use a product made from recycled tires made into tiles that are installed as you enter the building to wipe your feet and provide traction from wet or inclement weather. Walk off mats are also used...usually black or gray.

I am thinking mud room , horses , dairy pasture, barns...so if this is not in line with your thinking then I am way off base.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies