Flooring and Carpeting/Grout stain all over porcelain tile

How do I get the grout haze off and how can I remove grout stain as well from my newly installed porcelain tile?
Also they used mineral spirits to try to remove the grout stain off the tile, will that hurt my Italian Porcelain Tile?

Thank you for your question Kim,

Well...I have been doing this stuff for over 33 years and someone's use of Mineral Spirits to try to remove a grout stain is a new one for me I must say. Can't see any positive purpose employing this chemical to lift a stain, I take it that it didn't succeed? It shouldn't hurt the Porcelain at all but getting it all over and down into the grout itself is not going to do that any good. It doesn't take much to affect the shading or coloring of a grout with a foreign material. Now unless your Porcelain has a textured surface there should be little opportunity for a stain to ever get a hold on the surface of your tile. But of course if there is texture that has small nooks and crannies in it then there is a possibility. The best (and safest) material to clean off the haze and perhaps the staining would be to purchase a small tub of "Sulfamic Crystals" and follow the simple instructions on the side. You can get progressively stronger chemicals (acids) that can take on more resistant hazes or grouts but those are best left to the Professionals among us. Sometimes just a stiff scrubbing pad with some Baking Soda and elbow grease is enough to do the trick without the use of Chemicals of any kind. I would try that first and go from there if that doesn't work. Ok Kim I hope this helps you with your problem, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...