Flooring and Carpeting/Peaks or High Points with Pergo Flooring

Question
Hi Chris,

The installation of our Pergo flooring was finally finished yesterday. However, during the installation we noticed areas where it appeared that it did not lock in place or something was definitely wrong. Where planks lock into each other areas of the plank you can feel a sharp or raised edge. I didn't feel that this is correct. However, we were told that over time and as the floor expands and contracts that this will go away and that the planks will eventually lock properly. I'm not sure if this correct or is a normal thing with Pergo. I would think that the floor would be smooth everywhere.  We were told that to correct the problem is that the planks would have to be cut out and replacement planks would have to be glued in. Again I don't think this would be needed on a new installation. Our house is 10 years old with a wood sub floor. I don't know anything about the installation of Pergo flooring and would like your professional advice. Thank you very much.

Answer
Mike,

Place a claim and start the process , do not accept the installation if you are not happy.

The installers either need to be certified / licensed / bonded or working for a shop that is.If said shop is the employer..said shop must respond to your valid claims and send a  rep out to examine the installation. If satisfaction is not received then further the claim with Pergo directly and have a Pergo rep examine the install.

Get pushy or get pushed under.

You can reach Pergo directly if you like by looking up their 800# and contacting customer service. Ask as many questions as you need.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris