Flooring and Carpeting/Re: Hardwood

Question
Hi Carol,
How are you? I am not sure which of this hardwood I should get, oak, maple, walnut or birch.  I will be installing in on the main floor, approx 500 sq ft.  Basically I am looking at the darker tones, durability, hardiness and not east to scratch or dents.

Thank you

Answer
I would ask for the jankar hardness rating of these products you are comparing.  That will tell you the hardness as it relates to each product.  Go with a high end finish, that will prevent scratching.  

As far as color, anything can be stained to go with the colors you want.  

Hope that helps, Carol

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha