Flooring and Carpeting/Re: Hardwood

Hi Carol,
How are you? I am not sure which of this hardwood I should get, oak, maple, walnut or birch.  I will be installing in on the main floor, approx 500 sq ft.  Basically I am looking at the darker tones, durability, hardiness and not east to scratch or dents.

Thank you

I would ask for the jankar hardness rating of these products you are comparing.  That will tell you the hardness as it relates to each product.  Go with a high end finish, that will prevent scratching.  

As far as color, anything can be stained to go with the colors you want.  

Hope that helps, Carol

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha

Flooring questions: Specification, Warranties, Inspections, Product Knowledge, Enviromental Issues

I have been in the field 25 years, first as a specifier, then retailer and currently manufacturer representative on contract with 8 manufacturers, independent inspector and conduct moisture testing. Founding board member of the CO Chapter, US Green Building Council

WFCA (World Floor Covering Association), NTCA (National Tile Council America) SCRT (Society of Cleaning & Restoration Technician), ASTM F60, (Environment) and F06 (Resilient Floor)

Colorado Real Estate Journal, Smart Buildings

MBA, CTC (Certified Tile Consultant), RRT (Carpet Repair & Reinstallation), CCT (Carpet Cleaning Technician, ISSI (Substrate Inspection) and completed coursework for Independent Ceramic Tile Inspector, Hardwood/Laminate Inspector and Senior Carpet Inspector. Scheduled to complete Independent Resilient Inspector in April.

Multiple Awards for Salesperson of Year and President's Club

Clients include Fortune Co's to mom and pop