Flooring and Carpeting/sealing over damp grout.

I have completely washed and cleaned an outdoor slate deck and used and rinsed acid that was used to remove efflorescence.  I want to seal it before the rain comes in 2 days.  The grout lines are damp in some spots I am doubtful after a few days if the grout is going to be dry enough to apply sealer.  Should I refrain from sealing or is it safe to go ahead.  What if I have to wait until summer before it is completely dry and ready for sealer.  The deck was installed 2 years ago and sealed at that time, albeit not very well.  The deck is over a bedroom and as far as I can determine, not leaking yet.  I am sure that I removed most of the sealer when I cleaned it so for all practical purposes the deck is unsealed. Please help me here.
Thank you.

Hello and thank you for contacting The Grout Dye Company in NY.    

Ok, it would not be my recommendation to seal the slate this time of year, due to moisture trapped in the masonry substrate and with the recent weather approaching. I, also as a professional have to recommend that you contact the manufacturer of the sealer that you want to use and ask for there recommendation. Good luck in your endeavor. GDC  

Flooring and Carpeting

Michael C. Malizia

I can answer questions about, Grout and ceramic tile restoration and installation. This topic generally focuses on new or old installations that have an existing problem. I can offer advice on how to correct common made installation mistakes. Such as, cementitious grout problems, efflorescence, ghosting, shading, and flashing. And tile installation problems such as, floor deflection, slip resistance, loose tiles, vapor transmission and many others. These are just a few of the problems associated with new tile and grout installations. I can also offer advice with restoring old tile and grout problems such as, sealer removal, re-sealing, grout re-coloring, grout repair, and caulking.

Have worked in many different phaces of construction since 1983, I am owner / operator of a Tile & Grout installation and restoration business. I am also a technical advisor for The Grout Dye Company. since 1995.

General studies

Connecticut Stamford Hilton,Southampton hospital, Mcdonalds, Wading river hotel, Eastwind caterers, La pizzola, Setauket bagels, Sortsman kennels, Savinos resteraunt, Custom Building Products, Super-tec, Cancos, Southampton brick and tile, Tech, Dap, Poland spring water etc.