Flooring and Carpeting/choice

Question
Dear Sir, we are building house at Mangalore,India. Now I am in delema about flooring, that can I go for vitrified tile or granite.
since the work has to complete in another 2 months it is better to lay vitrified tiles,but still i have doubt abot the v.tiles.

sir,pl kindly let me know whether v.tiles equal to granite in terms of strength/life time.and is the granite colored v.tiles is look like granite
is v.tiles will get fade after 10-15 years? or it will remain same.

request your suggestions

Answer
Hello and thanks for your question.
I may not be the best person to address your concerns, but I do have a question: by "vitrified tiles" do you mean "vitreous glass?"  There is a type of glass that you can use for flooring (glass tiles), but it would be Sintered glass, not Vitreous glass--as far as I am aware, anyway.

Off hand I'd imagine that granite would be stronger for a more heavy traffic area, and if you want something to 'look like" granite it may just be best to use the real thing.

I hope that helps -
Perhaps a flooring expert would be a good person to ask.
Thanks
Barbara Jacobs

Flooring and Carpeting

Barbara Jacobs