Flooring and Carpeting/do I need double glue down?

Large bedroom 14 x 24 - it was a 14x14 with add-on.  Old was old hardwood & new addition plywood - 10 years ago.  Had stretched with pad - and it stretched.  Heavy wheelchair and hoyer lift with wheels traffic.  pulled up old carpet.  does new industrial carpet need a pad - will I feel floor ridges.  also needs fill in area between two areas.  should we have a double glue down with pad or just glue down the carpet?  please answer asap - scheduled for wed install and room all pulled apart.  thank you. sue

DS glue down is quite expensive. The padding is much denser and the top quality adhesive is costly. It is used in commercial applications for heavy traffic areas and an upscale appearance.

Your installer can patch / fill and float the floor and make it smooth enough for carpet with a few hours work in the 14 x 24 room. If it is in reasonable condition. Glue down carpet(no padding) will save you money and give you the solid underfoot you need for wheel chair traffic and lifts. The carpet will have plenty of warmth and appeal without padding and last longer too.

Ultimately the choice is yours, don't be pushed into anything. If your not comfortable take a breath and pause.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies