Flooring and Carpeting/particlewood flooring

What year did they stop usig particle board for flooring in mobile homes?

Thank you for your question Carol,

I understand your interest in an answer to this question if your are considering the purchase of a Mobile Home. For me from a personal standpoint I simply do not have that answer for you. It is an Industry where I have had little exposure to over the years. But I am aware that particle board was the most common material employed as a sub-strate for decades. Even if they have moved away from the "official" particle board material to "OSB", that is not much more than "large" particle board. But still it "is" better than the old school particle board which was and is a dreadful material to have under your feet especially within a structure that has an "open" space beneath it's foundation. What I have done for you is provide a couple web addresses for you to "copy and paste" into your browser that will take you to one of the most well known Mobile Home manufacturer and the second is a general site that has multiple supplemental producers where you can discover useful information by simply contacting any of them directly to get the answer you desire...ok? That's it Carol I hope this helps you with your search, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...