Flooring and Carpeting/bait n switch carpet

Question
hi,i was wondering if you have heard of mills selling one style/weight of carpet,but sending something similar? also,how could i prove this to be the case? i have been installing for 27years,selling and installing for 15yrs,and have run into this problem many times!!it seems to happen mostly w/commercial loop carpets.thank you for any info/help/advice.dan

Answer
No, I haven't heard of them purposedly switching carpet.  But I can tell you from experience, there are times where a product may accidentally be made out of spec.  That is, not the correct fiber weight as stated.  

The way you prove it is to provide a spec and sample to an independent testing lab.  Its very affordable.  I've done tests that are less than $100, some as low as $25.  They will verify the carpet is manufactured as promised.  

Are you buying from the manufacturer or distributor?  If distribution, that may be the issue not the manufacturer.  

Good Luck and let me know any other follow up questions you may have.  

Carol

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha