Flooring and Carpeting/leveling a floor issues

just moved into my new apartment and  laid down Trackmaster Resilient Plank Flooring in my kitchen cause the sticky tile was out of date. i now decided to pull up the rug in my living room, in stead of putting a new rug down i want to continue w/ the plank flooring. there is a 1/4 height difference between living room  and my kitchen. i purchased 1/4 luan to make both rooms feel as close to level as can be. i also bought  Blue Hawk 6 mil moisture barrier underlayment to go on top of the luan. my question is what kind of adhesive should i use to adhere the luan to the sub floor in my living room.

Personally I use a 1/4" crown staple, fired with a pneumatic gun easily purchased or rented. Every 6-8" at the perimeter of each luan board and the same or closer in the field of each board.

If you feel you must use adhesive there are numerous choices, some more expensive than others. But for ease of explanation I would use Liquid Nails PROJECTS. A small bead at the perimeter and numerous small beads in the field;...but you still need to staple it anyway.

Feel free to ask any questions

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies