Flooring and Carpeting/Carpet cleaning

How to remove the odor of the pets form the carpets?

Thank you for your question Bryon,

I see that you are perhaps a sub-contractor/franchise owner of chemdryrapiddry for carpet cleaning where you live based upon the link you provided with the question, so I consider it an interesting question that you pose based upon seeing that. With most of my involvement with the carpet aspect of our overall Industry being "new" construction in the residential housing sector I don't have a lot of recent experience with this particular issue...that being said though having a lot of remodel experience prior to my latest endeavor I often incountered this pesky problem. When the customer didn't want to convert the offending room space to tile or wood then really there was only a couple options to consider. As you must already know that cleaning the carpet will only get you part way there. The real culprit to this problem is what lay beneath the carpet...the pad. If you only address the carpet then you will never truly get rid if the problem. Urine only spends part of it's time in the carpet layer as it filters down into the pad and onto the sub-strate thereafter. If you really want to relieve the persistent problem of this particular odor then the best plan is to not only replace the padding but to treat what could easily be a saturated area where pets habitually frequent only adding to the strength of the problem. Getting down to the sub-strate will clearly reveal where the trouble spots are then you are able to more directly affect the change that will most benefit the customer. That's it Bryon I hope this helps you with a very challenging aspect of your business, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...