Flooring and Carpeting/bamboo vs. ceramic tile

Question
Our master bathroom now has carpet in it (which I hate).  We are planning on putting in either bamboo or ceramic tile.  I'm kind of leaning towards bamboo because of the warmth and price but we are planning on doing it ourselves and not sure how easy it would be.  We have done tile before.  So would like your thoughts.  thank you, Jill

Answer
Happy Holidays Jill,

The wood flooring in a bathroom, which is subject to getting wet, I would not recommend.
Over time the wood will swell and peak at the seams and you will be hard pressed to find any molding to properly address the tub enclosure, where the wood and tub meet. If after 2-3 years of service you had to tear it out and do it over your monies would be ill spent.

Ceramic tile on the other hand will last a lifetime and is available in wood patterns as well as stone and traditional patterns. Transitions from floor to wall or tub are a simple matter of grouting. Any maintenance is as simple as a damp mopping or vacuuming.

I would highly recommend the ease of installation and durability of the tile.

All the best in 2014

Chris  

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris