Flooring and Carpeting/Black porcelain tile

We have black porcelain tiles with a wood like grain texture to them. We are wondering if we can put some sort of sealer on them to make them shiny or more rich in color. We also keep finding spots that seem like our cleaner has stripped some of the color away-if this is even possible. I was curious if you have any ideas for restoring this back to what we remember it looking like when it was installed.

What works for porcelain tiles is to apply our Internacional Finish to them, which gives the color a bit more depth, and also makes it easier to keep them clean.

The color should have been mixed in with the clay, so it is unlikely the color is flaking off, as it were. The surface may be wearing, causing it to look even more dull.

Bill Hohmann

Flooring and Carpeting

Bill Hohmann

I can answer questions concerning the stripping and sealing of various tile, brick, and stone flooring with an emphasis on Mexican Tile. I cannot help in regards to installation issues, such as what sort of tile to use; how to install or remove tiles, etc.

Over 30 years experience in the manufacture development and use of sealers, coatings and cleaners for tile, stone, brick, etc.