Flooring and Carpeting/Carpet Padding

Hi Chris,

I'm in the process of purchasing loop carpet for a bedroom that I'm turning into a home office.  I've narrowed padding down to a generic 8# 5/16 rebound vs Nike Step Ahead 8# 7/16. The difference in price for my install is about $45. Could you comment on which way I should go... or if there is something else I should consider?  The $45 in insignificant in the scope of things... but I see no point in spending the extra money with little or no benefit.

Thanks for you time...

For commercial loop we purchase the lowest height reasonable....and that also includes the felt pads as well. I'm not sure how many yards you're looking at? But if it were me and was my small office I would cut costs at every corner. The difference in a couple of 16ths of an inch is not worth the additional $$

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies