Flooring and Carpeting/Carpet Padding

Question
Hi Chris,

I'm in the process of purchasing loop carpet for a bedroom that I'm turning into a home office.  I've narrowed padding down to a generic 8# 5/16 rebound vs Nike Step Ahead 8# 7/16. The difference in price for my install is about $45. Could you comment on which way I should go... or if there is something else I should consider?  The $45 in insignificant in the scope of things... but I see no point in spending the extra money with little or no benefit.

Thanks for you time...

Tom

Answer
Tom,

For commercial loop we purchase the lowest height reasonable....and that also includes the felt pads as well. I'm not sure how many yards you're looking at? But if it were me and was my small office I would cut costs at every corner. The difference in a couple of 16ths of an inch is not worth the additional $$

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris