Flooring and Carpeting/Cleaning vitrified tiles.

Question
Dear Perry,
I read yr reply to a question about cleaning vitrified tiles. We had fixed double polished vitrified tile by Euro (type- Bianco Diano) two months ago. Unfortunately, there was a minor fire due to blast of compressor of refrigerator and ash remained spred all over the floor for two hours as we were away. Some friends and fire brigade people , who helped walked over the ash. There are no major stains but grey ash marks and grey boot-marks are visible at some places. We applied soap and turpentine but the stains are still noticeable. What would you kindly suggest so that we make them shine as before without causing any further damage? thanks and regards,  Arvind.

Answer
Thank you for your question Arvind,

So sorry for your loss of at least a part of your home, but glad you are alright. What I would attempt to do next is employ both an abrasive pad along with Baking Soda as a medium to also lend some content to the scrubbing process. There are pads that you can purchase either at a flooring store or online that are made by "3M" Company. They produce several different degree of abrasive pad that are color coded starting at a red for a coarse then brown, green, blue and the least abrasive is a white pad. You can purchase the white pad and or a blue one as well to give you a bit more power applied to the suspect areas. Lightly wet the area/spots to be cleaned and sprinkle the Baking Soda directly over the floor liberally and wet the pad and applying as much pressure as you can try to lift off the ash marks and then rinse. Try a small area first to see if this will work. I am confident that it will unless there was some "other" unknown material that was walked into the polished surface that may have "etched" some of the surface. Ok Arvind I hope this helps you with your problem, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga