Flooring and Carpeting/Self leveling concrete floor

I plan to remove some old ceramic floor tile and the foundation underneath is a ruff cement base. I will apply a self leveling concrete to fill in cracks and to smoothen the surface. But my main concern is cosmetic...will the finished floor of self leveling concrete have a simular color and textured look as in these images? Also, what clear sealer is best to achieve a high polished look? Basically I'm trying to inexpensively re-create the floors in the images with the same color scheme (with or without polishing).
Example Images:

Thanks for your time,

If your concrete overlay is less than 1/2 in thick you may expect some problems as time goes by.  As a contractor I would not want to warrantee that type of surface.  You can get the floor pretty flat if you trowel it 3 or 4 times as it sets up.  But I would not trust any self leveling product, as they need to be very thin and soft to flow out the way you are hoping for.  My choice would be to clean the floor grind off any grout that is above the surface and use a two part epoxy either colored or clear, two coats.  You could use a stain on the concrete as an option before coating.  Go to for a free cost analysis.

Flooring and Carpeting

Harvey Chichester

Concrete floor coatings, repair, decoration etc.

Harvey Chichester is a well published principal of Durall Industrial Flooring, a company with more than 40 years experience in developing special flow-coatings for industrial and residential floors. Automotive and shopping centers, breweries, food processing plants, manufacturing plants, airplane hangars, car washes, kennels, warehouses, printing plants, residential basements, pool decks, and condominiums are among some of the facilities in which he has installed floors. http:\\

Durall Manufacturing, Bloomington, MN, is the only industrial flooring manufacturer that also makes over 500 specialty cleaners. Durallís 40 years of flooring chemical manufacturing experience has produced a special preparation of cleaners and an application system assuring optimum flooring adhesion and wear results. Durall provides factory-direct support for these new products. Kits of materials are customized to owner specification and delivered directly to the job site. Kits include full directions and 24/7 help lines staffed by seasoned flooring experts, so professionals and amateurs alike can successfully install a quality floor. Visitors can obtain free, job-specific quotes on materials or nationwide turnkey installations by completing a simple questionnaire at This full-service concept allows anyone to enjoy the benefits of industrial strength floors successfully

Google shoes over 3,000 publication listings where articles of Harvey Chichester are presented

MBA, BSB, BA University of Minnesota

Pillsbury, General Mills, Iowa Beef, Cremates, Japs Olson Printing, Banta Printing, Airforce, Coast Guard, Marines, Northwest Airlines etc.