Flooring and Carpeting/Self leveling concrete floor

Question
Hello,

I plan to remove some old ceramic floor tile and the foundation underneath is a ruff cement base. I will apply a self leveling concrete to fill in cracks and to smoothen the surface. But my main concern is cosmetic...will the finished floor of self leveling concrete have a simular color and textured look as in these images? Also, what clear sealer is best to achieve a high polished look? Basically I'm trying to inexpensively re-create the floors in the images with the same color scheme (with or without polishing).
Example Images:
http://www.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/concrete-floors_1/92054-ca-masterpi

Thanks for your time,
TJ

Answer
If your concrete overlay is less than 1/2 in thick you may expect some problems as time goes by.  As a contractor I would not want to warrantee that type of surface.  You can get the floor pretty flat if you trowel it 3 or 4 times as it sets up.  But I would not trust any self leveling product, as they need to be very thin and soft to flow out the way you are hoping for.  My choice would be to clean the floor grind off any grout that is above the surface and use a two part epoxy either colored or clear, two coats.  You could use a stain on the concrete as an option before coating.  Go to www.concrete-floor-coatings.com for a free cost analysis.

Flooring and Carpeting

Harvey Chichester