Flooring and Carpeting/Armstrong laminate homestead plank

I had about 2500 sq ft of Armstrong laminate homestead plank installed 9 months ago. I am not new to laminate floors having had them in other homes for years. We began noticing problems within the first month. The floor pops and cracks and there end joints scattered throughout the house that have separated and lifted always on the same corner. Many over 1/8". We have spent the last 9 months trying to get Armsrtong to cooperate. They sent an inspector in November and we didn't hear anything about his report until January. Armstrong denied any fault with the product and blamed slab moisture. My contractor has a new box from the same lot and can replicate the problem and we have completed several moisture tests which are all negative. I am wondering how many people have written to you with the same issue. I came across your forum when I google "Armstrong laminate problems" and found similar problems reported to you in 2010 and 2013. Our contractor is a certified Armstrong installer, by the way. I want the floor removed and a full refund. I am fed up!

I am dreadfully sorry that you had to find Armstrong products in this way. I also encourage you to fight tooth and nail to get your Armstrong flooring replaced or your money back. So far it has been a losing battle and I have not heard a success story about beating ARMSTRONG. Since you have a certified installer you might be in luck.

I have received at least 4-6 reports of this issue over the last 3 years, I would have to look at the archives.

This repeating story is appalling I will never buy or recommend Armstrong to anyone. And God forbid I ever get asked to install it. I am not Armstrong certified and have never seen issues like this until 2010.

Even I admire the look of the product on display at the retail store...but as soon as I see the name Armstrong I run away.

Best Regards,

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies